
I cannot believe the Lord has blessed us with 21 weeks of carrying these blessings. I have yet to feel them but I know they are in there from two recent heartbeat checks. ;-D Here is the image from a website showing what they look like.
"...Nineteen weeks into your pregnancy, or 17 weeks after conception, your baby's hearing continues to improve. He or she may pick up your voice in conversations — although it's probably hard to hear clearly through the amniotic fluid and protective paste covering your baby's ears."
"Your babies have their own unique fingerprints. They can grimace and squint and have started peeing out the amniotic fluid they've been swallowing. You can see their sex organs during an ultrasound."
"Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now."
"A twin pregnancy is considered full-term at 37 weeks, shorter than a single birth. Twin babies will have fully mature lungs at birth, but will likely be smaller and a lower weight than a single baby."
We are praying for the "full term" or close to it. Half of all twins are born before 35 weeks, and preterm labor is a big issue so keep us in your prayers. For me, trusting the Lord is still a daily lesson. I give the boys to him over and over again, or so I think. I have a long way to go on trust! Thanks for your support and interest in our lives. I met a yet another woman this week who blessed me with her testimony of trials that made me realize my own are "nothing" ... and I remembered the important lesson Matt and the Lord have taught me in being victorious rather than a victim in any circumstance. It is so easy to have a doom and gloom attitude about the challenges we face, no matter if they are 'every day' type or a catastrophy. But truly He carries us... we are in the palm of His hand if we have asked Him to be our Savior! What a joy to hear the cheerful, joyous words of a believer in spite of their past grief. :-D
Yay for the boys, yay God! We will continue to lift you up in prayer and enjoy every day with you! Love you, Jen
ReplyDelete