Wednesday, March 10, 2010

25.5 weeks and a 38 week uterus!

"Your 2-pound baby is now viable outside of the womb; he’s developing surfactant, a substance to help lungs expand so he can breathe. While he still needs to gain fat, his bones and tissue are growing and getting stronger. In no time, he’ll be out and in your arms!"
We have been praying that the boys would be robust and healthy. So far so good! We are in the top 65% of all pregnancies for weight of babies. They each weigh 2 lbs, which would be typical for a singleton pregnancy at this stage. Sometimes twins run smaller than typical due to having to share, or one is smaller. We continue to thank the Lord for his graciousness in keeping things so healthy!! It was a fun fetal maternal specialist visit, as she turned on the 4D unnecessarily for a bit on one baby. The other was not turned right. We were able to discern beautiful baby faces whether 2-D or 4-D and were especially touched by the 4-D rendering which looked so real, so baby-like. You can see the baby with his hand to his face. The black and white printout is not so clear as the actual 4D was.
So, my uterus is the size of a 38 week singleton uterus. That would be ready to give birth, but of course we are not ready, as the babies need to gain a few more pounds. We continue to pray for longevity of the pregnancy (although I am about stretched to the max!) and continued health for the boys. I am trying to finish up any errands so I can stay closer to home rather than behind the wheel. I start another online accelerated class so I have enough to keep me busy for 8-12 more weeks. Thank you for all your support and prayers! Our God is such a wonderful caregiver, his character is so mighty and beyond our understanding. We continue to thank Him for revealling himself to us daily.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad the visit was fun and full of good news. I hope the hospital visit was just as good!

    ReplyDelete