
Practicing Swaddle
A few days from now we will have met our new child! What a wonderful season we have shared celebrating our Savior's birth, the anniversary of 6 years since giving Him our marriage and lives, the dawn of 2012 and Matt's birthday on New Years' Day... December has indeed been a whirlwind of delight. Now we turn the calendar page with new eyes set on a date that will captivate our attention in future seasons: the birth of our third child, our final embryo in this journey the Lord has faithfully brought us on. Yes, He has been faithful even in the heartbreaks that have been tapped out on the keyboard for this blog. He is always faithful even in our darkest moments. He is always sovereign, even when the whole world seems upside down and mad. Some would say that is an easy statement to claim when one is standing on the other side of answered prayers, but even today someone said (I don't know what people are thinking when they comment to a pregnant woman things like this), "Oh, is it twins?" (pointing to my extended belly). I admit to again feeling the familiar strain in my voice as tears welled behind my throat in the secret place where dreams lie. So thankful for my twins at home, yet also knowing of our 7 embryos this last one made it through alone despite being initiated as a frozen embryo transfer of the final TWO embryos. Someone else had said "Thank God it's not twins again!' when we announced we were pregnant. I do thank God that we are the blessed recipients of our little baby in utero, but my heart sometimes does question why one more had to go ahead of us to Heaven.
So it is that I can say with steadfast trust and strength that God is indeed faithful to those who belong to Him. He holds his children in the palm of his hand even when we question his plan. He never lets go (a favorite song!). Once I was afraid to move much, fearful the pregnancy of twins would go into early labor. This time I ventured to the grocery in the final week from our scheduled birth and later I tugged out the heavy trash and recycle bins. How far He has brought me from fear to trust, because of His faithfulness.
No comments:
Post a Comment