I was completing a grant application and decided to save the description of our journey. So short but to the point, I hope.
We had a hard time "starting a family" and were married 10 years before I finally gave birth, after 2 miscarriages and a failed IVF (3 embryos) plus countless other failed procedures and attempts month after month. We exhausted ourselves of financial resources trying to conceive, using Rx and proceeding even though our insurance said they would not cover us until the 2nd trimester of our "experimental pregnancy attempts." (yes that was their wording). In our 2nd and 3rd IVF (FET) 3 out of 4 of the last remaining embryos resulted in live birth (Samuel, Oliver and Noah!). Having prayed and trusted the Lord fervently through the fiery trials we thanked him and continued to seek his guidance.... and I thought we were "done" trying, so happy was I with our answered prayers. But my husband, on the board of a non profit that ministers to unadopted orphans in Ukraine, had a desire to consider adoption. He prayed about it and mentioned it to me. It took me awhile to realize God had not gone the "Either/Or" route of answering our prayers, but that he would continue to answer our prayers for a family by allowing us to pursue adoption and provide a family for someone else lonely for a family as we had once been. When our young boys started praying for a sister even though we had never considered furthering our family, it was a wake up call. As we started revisiting the subject in prayer the answer became clear- pursue adoption at all costs. We have filed with USCIS and are committed to adopting two girls in Ukraine.
No comments:
Post a Comment