Wednesday, February 14, 2018

2016-2018

What an incredible journey we have been on - especially in the past two years. When I stepped onto slimy and incorrectly maintained pavement 1-10-16, I stepped into a different world living for Jesus Christ. Suddenly my "walk" turned into a literal descent and then ascent into despair first and then complete reliance on him. By the power of the Holy Spirit working in my life and the lives of those around me, I saw his awesome hand working in ways I never could have imagined and in ways I myself felt powerless to achieve. YET God, as the Bible often says, He in HIS power transformed my vision, my circumstances, my abilities and my expectations, all working in supernatural ways to achieve His will in my life. In complete trust in Him, knowing full well his mercy toward those who have fully surrendered to him, we have taken the great step of adding to our family by adoption. We started the process in 2016, only months after stepping onto that sidewalk, by prayer and conversations. (Our 3 sons had first initiated the concept by requesting it in their own prayers and conversations). fb has a private page of photos so message me via fb love2lucy@yahoo.com for access.

All I can say is we continue to see the marvelous works of our Great and Living King in our lives, and we continue to rejoice that while we were yet sinners Jesus died for us, in the greatest act of love known in all of history. We know the pointless, empty life without trusting Jesus as Lord and we know the great joy and passion and strength that came when we have lived trusting Jesus and only Jesus as head of our home and life. Thank you Jesus for adopting me, a ragged and lost sinner trying to do everything for myself and my own way. Just as an orphan knows nothing to contrast with, I was blind to the futility of my actions, longings and desperation. In tantrums I walked away from you Lord, yet you knew me to be your own and continued to call out to me to rest in your care. Thank you for never giving up on me, never "returning" me to my former residence, the dark and empty fallen world. Thank you Jesus for the supreme valentine of your blood shed for me. May I walk and live every day without forgetting from whence I came, and all that you have redeemed me from. Thank you that I can walk without fear, for you have redeemed me, and I am yours.



No comments:

Post a Comment