I find that every time I am 'concerned' for my babies, Matt's cousin comes to mind amd I pray for her unborn child, who if he stays in her womb for one more month will be able to survive the early birth her previous babies have not survived. It has become a parallel request- for the babies to all live and be healthy that they may grow to know and love the Lord in our care. Maybe we can all play together one day.
So it is that as the 24 hours wind down until my next ultrasound, Satan tries so hard to remind me of what it was like when the joyous banter stuttered to a stop as the Dr. realized Hope was dead in my womb last June. So it is that I continue to be ministered to by the Living Spirit of God- in the simple lyrics of a song that "happens" to be on the radio. I praise the Lord for His goodness to carry us all through these earlthy trials. We look forward to the day when we see His blessed face. I thank God for the people dedicated to writing and singing/playing for Him despite the cost- time on the road and away at holidays and family times. Thank you Christian artists for serving Him, for holding us up. Thank you 91.9 and 106.9 (89.9 in Virginia)for your dedication to be on the airways to minister to all of us who love the Lord and need His ever present strength and encouragement whether in happy times or those of concern.
Right now (as I write) the following two songs played back to back to calm my restless heart.
Everything Rides on Hope Now- Addison Road
Hope Now - Addison Road and
Peace Be Still- Rush of Fools
We were on a cruise with Rush of Fools- a bunch of YOUNG men who could be out partying like I once foolishly did but instead serve the Lord in every action. We saw them at all hours, from relaxing on the pool deck to performing on the concert stage. They live what they sing and speak. How I pray for more young men like them to stand for the Lord. They were perhaps-no, they definately are- my favorite discovery of 2008. This is not their original video, just one someone put on the internet but just to hear the vocals is so soothing.
No comments:
Post a Comment