Monday, February 8, 2010

Appointment update!


We are delighted to say we had a routine visit at the fetal maternal specialist today for the monthly ultrasound. The boys measure approximately 1 pound each and are the right measurements for 21 weeks, which is what I am up to. While part of me still knows things can go wrong as I have heard such heartbreaking stories, we praise and thank the Lord for his graciousness in the development and continuation of this pregnancy.

The Lord has brought me so far. When I used to hear of others' heartbreaks, I wondered how to prevent it or mentally wondered if it would happen to me and what clues I could look for. Recently the Lord has been moving me to be the person I have long prayed to become: more social, more confident in conversations with ladies, more capable in serving Him. Since I stopped drinking and asked Him to take over my life (Dec 2005) I have truly experienced the inexplainable as He has moved mountains in my mind that prohibited me from enjoying my life. I am choked up to consider all that He has done, from that first night on my own, alone in a dark room when I prayed that prayer. The next day when Matt returned from California, before I could say a word, he told me the Lord had been working in his heart...
Our Lord is truly a living God, who transcends time and space and anything we can conceive of. He hems us in from behind and all around, orchestrating the events of our lives toward His purpose. What a joyous realization! As Pastor Bobby said Sunday, He even can use our ugly sin to bring about His will! What a release from bondage to know we cannot 'mess up' what he has in mind.
We are long past questioning the timing of our children, while we used to say "if only we hadn't taken a few years off" and things like that. But God is the author of good thoughts. All good things come from Him. He planted the desire into each of our hearts separately and we admitted it to each other and we began from there. Only He knows the timing and the meaning behind the things he brings to pass. That is a load off!! To Him be the glory that even in my 'old age' he has blessed a barren womb with life!

God has blessed us so much with you, our friends and family. Here in Lake Norman we thank him continually for your words of Godly wisdom and encouragement as together we all continue to grow in Him. It is a pleasure to share your lives and to anticipate sharing both burdens and joys as time progresses. Last Sunday as many of us stood revealling our weaknesses and where the Lord has brought us from, I was striken with the realization that we all have private burdens. When we face trials it seems others have such easy lives, but the truth is we are each hit where it hurts for us. Trust, companionship, illness, fear, negativity, lifestyle choices gone awry... and the Lord meets us there. He brings us up from the pit, as a friend revealled, and shines us up like we went through the car wash. PTL!!
Friends from afar, you reach to us via FB and email, skype and telephone. Thank you ALL for your support through what has been one of the hardest years of my life. Thank you all for allowing the Lord to work in you to minister to me.

Proverbs 3:5 - 6 - Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.

1 comment:

  1. I praise God for your good appointment and for your trust in Him. These little boys growing in your womb are His children, and His plan for them is very worthwhile! You are two blessed parents!

    ReplyDelete